We are UK silver dealers and have been based in the Royal Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire since 1988. We specialise in buying and selling antique silver and are proud of our reputation in the antique silver trade for both honesty and integrity.
When first conceived in 2000, this was the first website on the internet dedicated to antique silver spoons and it has since grown at a tremendous rate. Spoons continue to be at the fulcrum of the website, however it has expanded beyond the original vision, as can be seen on our “Shop” page, and now includes a wide range from our stock of collectables, canteens and fine quality hollowware.
We have always maintained the belief that to sell via the internet, we need to maintain the upmost standards to ensure the trust of our clientele. The ethos behind our buying and selling activities is clear:
- To maintain an interesting stock with quality, condition and rarity appeal at the heart
- To provide accurate information and relevant photos and ensure that the quality and condition of goods we sell will either meet or exceed the expectations of our clients
- To deal with all communications promptly and in a pleasant manner
- To provide a high level, professional service in everything we do
- To enjoy what we do and be satisfied that our clients enjoy the buying experience
- This ethos in conjunction with our competitive prices, has meant that we continue to earn repeat orders from long term clients and are gaining new ones all the time.
From the many kind comments received over the years, it would seem that the “Knowledge Centre” section of the website has proved a very useful reference resource for people all over the world. In addition to the information provided about silver spoons, we have added useful in-the-field tips to aid the would-be spoon collector or silver canteen buyer. If you wish to learn more about a particular subject you may find it useful to look at the spoon book reviews page, alternatively contact us and we will attempt to point you in the right direction
We are strong buyers of silver in all its forms and more information on how to sell to us can be found on our “We Buy Silver” page. The current high metal prices have become an important component in buying and selling silver and we are fortunate to have close connections with the bullion trade. In addition to the information provided on this website, we have a second website aimed at the silver trade that provides more details about this aspect of our business. The address is www.uksilverexchange.co.uk
All the items offered on our website are handpicked from our extensive stock. We have plenty more, so please contact us if you cannot find what you seek.
Rest assured, we welcome all enquiries, whether large or small, and will treat you in a fair and friendly manner.
We hope you find this website useful and we welcome any comments that you may wish to make.